One of the most important, biggest bang-for-buck things we can do for our health is simply ensuring a good night’s sleep, every night of the week!
There are many factors that contribute to sleep quantity and quality, including your home environment, sleep and waking routines, training modality and routine, quality of nutrition, meal timings, level of hydration, stress management, and much more.
In conjunction with developing good habits with these fundamentals, incorporating regular sauna is a game changer in supporting good sleep as it activates the parasympathetic nervous system and allows the body to calm, relax and destress.
Some tips for using the sauna as a sleep tool:
- Sauna in the evening, close to going to bed;
- Follow your sauna with a relaxing cup of tea, try our Yukti Calming Tea from the Brew Bar;
- If using our private Infrared Sauna, experiment with different lighting options to optimise your state of calm and relaxation;
- Ensure you are adequately hydrated before, during and after your sauna;
- Pair your sauna session with some time in our hot magnesium pool. Magnesium significantly supports deep, restorative sleep by maintaining healthy levels of GABA, a neurotransmitter that promotes sleep.